Form I-90: Replacement or Renewal of a Green Card.

This form is used to extend, renew or replace a green card. The reasons may be different, for example expiration of validity, loss, theft, change of name.

If you do not apply Form I-90 in time, you can be deported.

Remember that US permanent residents only can file the form. This form is not used to adjust a status or receive a green card. There is Form I-485 for it (Application for a Green Card).

Possible reasons to use this form:

Your 10-year green card expires in 90 days and you do not want to apply for citizenship;

You are turning 14 in 30 days;

You lived outside the USA and you had a preservation of the green card;

Your card was stolen, lost or damaged;

You changed your name officially;

An error on your green card (name, date of birth, sex);

You haven’t received your green card by mail.


If your green card is about to expire you should send form I-90 within 90 days. It takes about 3 months to process it.


Filing fee is $455 and the biometric services fee is $85. Total fee $540. However, it depends on the case, for more information follow a link to immigration service site.

Immigrateful services – $199.

Questions & Answers

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Integer odio urna, maximus bibendum pulvinar eu, molestie eu arcu. Vestibulum elementum magna vel erat sagittis egestas. Vestibulum aliquam, ex eu vulputate porta, tellus enim sollicitudin ante