Form I-751: Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence
Having married with a US citizen or a green card holder, you receive a green card for two years. It is also called a conditional green card. To replace it with a permanent green card you should submit Form I-751.
A spouse of a US citizen or green card holder can file this form via Immigrateful. Spouses sign and submit the form jointly.
Terms: conditional green card holder must file the form not earlier than 90 days before the green card expires, but not later its expiration date.
Exceptions (spouse’s signature is not required) in case:
- Of your spouse’s death;
- You have divorced or your marriage has been annulled;
- You have suffered from abusive treatment, violence and battery on the part of your spouse;
- You are a son or daughter of a conditional resident and suffered from abusive treatment, violence and battery on the part of your parent’s spouse;
- If your deportation would lead to extremely serious consequences (for example, mother of a baby US resident would be deported).
Such cases are considered individually, not online. Please, contact immigration attorney 855-605-8555.
If you have forgotten to file this form
In case you have not filed Form I-751 before the expiration date of your conditional green card, your permanent resident status can be annulled and the state can start a removal action. You may receive a letter from Immigration Service that you have not filed Form I-751 and you must appear at deportation court hearing. Such cases are considered individually, not online. Please, contact immigration attorney 855-605-8555.
Immigrateful recommends completing the Form I-751 in 120 days before conditional green card expires.
USCIS usually processes the form for about three months.
- A copy of both sides of your Green Card and your children’s Green Cards;
- Proofs of marital relations (the list is not complete);
- You can see the full list of documents after the registration on Immigrateful site (registration is free).
Total fee $680 (filing fee is $595 and biometrics fee is $85)
Immigrateful services – $299